Shawna Wingert is a homeschool mom to two boys who each have a unique mix of abilities and challenges when it comes to learning. In this episode of the podcast, she shares about how she arrived at the decision to teach her boys at home and tells us a few lessons she herself has learned along the way. I couldn’t help but be inspired as I listened to her, and I think you will be too.
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources from today’s show:
- The Spark: A Mother’s Story of Nurturing, Genius, and Autism by Kristine Barnett
- Everyday Autism: An Inside Look at Parenting a Child on the Autism Spectrum by Shawna Wingert
Sponsored By Simplified Organization
Head on over to simplifiedorganization.com/snapshots to download your free Brain Dump. As we head back to school every mom needs a chance to clear all the clutter from her head. Mystie’s Brain Dump will do just that.
This series of helpful prompts and instructions walk you through clearing your mind — the first step to true organization.
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Shawna or me. We would both love to hear from you!