Our guest for this episode is mother, grandmother, author, and seasoned homeschooler Leila Lawler, of the popular blog Like Mother, Like Daughter. She joins us to share about her experiences homeschooling her own children, who are now grown.
Leila encourages us to consider time-tested approaches, as well as time-tested literature, as we develop our homeschool plans and also gives some great advice about getting the routine household tasks, like laundry and meal planning, done and out of the way.
Leila’s wisdom is both practical and inspiring, so sit back and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Like Mother, Like Daughter
- The Harvard Classics
- John Senior’s 1000 Good Books
- Leila’s laundry system
- Leila’s cleaning system
- Leila’s meal system
- The Little Oratory by David Clayton and Leila Lawler
- For the Children’s Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
- Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome
- The Fairy Books by Andrew Lang
- Grimm’s Fairy Tales
The Little Oratory: A Beginner’s Guide to Praying in the HomeFor the Children’s Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and SchoolThe Wind in the WillowsTreasure IslandThe Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 2)Swallows and Amazons (Godine Storyteller)The Fairy Books of Andrew LangThe Complete Grimm’s Fairy Tales
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Leila or me. We would both love to hear from you!