MacKenzie Monroe is a homeschooling mother of four and the host of the Cultivating the Lovely podcast and morning show on Periscope. She tries to savor the beauty in the day-to-day routines of mom life and is on a mission to help other women do the same.
On this episode of the podcast, MacKenzie explains how she endeavors to foster beauty in her homeschool through practices like Morning Time, reading and talking about great books, and utilizing traveler’s notebooks. Enjoy!
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Bold Turquoise (MacKenzie’s blog)
- Cultivating the Lovely morning show
- Cultivating the Lovely The Podcast
- Cultivating the Lovely episode 3 (in which MacKenzie interviews Pam about Morning Time)
- Educating the WholeHearted Child by Clay Clarkson with Sally Clarkson
- Homeschool Made Simple with Carol Joy Seid
- Kiwi Crate
- The Green Ember by S.D. Smith
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
- YouTube tutorial on setting up a traveler’s notebook
- MacKenzie’s periscope on traveler’s notebooks
- The Minimum Viable Morning Guide (now in the store)
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either MacKenzie or me. We would both love to hear from you!