About five years ago Kris Bales got up and got moving the week of Thanksgiving and lost four pounds. That was the beginning of a 90 pound weight-loss journey that she works to maintain even today.
Her story and her tips for how to get moving yourself are just a part of the podcast today, where we also chat about her favorite homeschooling mentor, how she defines homeschool success, and why it is important to find your homeschool tribe.
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Find Your Tribe: How to Start a Homeschool Support Group – Includes a link to Kris’s FREE eBook 52 Weeks of Homeschool Group Activities.
- Trail Guide to Learning Curriculum
- The Adventures of Robin Hood – Kris’s favorite family read aloud.
- Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers – Kris’s blog.
- 50 Reasons Homeschooled Kids Love Being Homeschooled – Homeschool kids speak in favor of PJs.
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Kris or me. We would both love to hear from you!
Latest posts by Pam Barnhill
- Homeschool Room Tour: A Peek Inside Our New Room - September 4, 2019
- Take a Peek Inside My Homeschool Binder - August 28, 2019
- Our Plans and Picks for 2019 | Homeschool Morning Time - August 23, 2019