Mary Prather is a homeschool mom with a heart for other homeschool moms. She was mentored by friends in her early homeschooling days and now strives to pay that mentorship forward by encouraging and equipping other moms. Her calm demeanor will set you at ease, so pull up a chair for this episode of the podcast.
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Educating the Wholehearted Child
- The Hobbit: Or, There and Back Again
- SQUILT Music Appreciation Program
- Homegrown Learners – Mary’s blog.
- The Homegrown Learners Facebook Community
Beat Burnout Resources:
As promised from the podcast here are a few resources for beating homeschool burnout.
- Jane Austen Movie Night
- Beat the Yellow Bus Blues: Ten Ways to Combat Homeschool Burnout
- Preventing Homeschool Burnout – Brandy’s series. This is the first be sure to check out all the posts.
- Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler’s Guide to Unshakable Peace – The definitive beat burnout book.
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Mary or me. We would both love to hear from you!
Latest posts by Pam Barnhill (see all)
- Come meet Pam at the 2019 Great Homeschool Conventions - January 14, 2019
- The secret to making lasting change - December 20, 2018
- How you are the enemy of your best morning - December 13, 2018