What we read:
Lon Po Po: A Red-Riding Hood Story from China
How the Ox Star Fell from Heaven
Grandfather Tang’s Story
China (Usborne Beginners: Information for Young Readers Level 2)
The Story about Ping
Guo Shuang from Children Just Like Me: A Unique Celebration of Children Around the World
Children’s Amazing Places Encyclopedia (Childrens Encyclopedia) — selections about places in China
What we did:
- Placed flag sticker and entry date on passport (Flag stickers and passports from Expedition Earth)
- Daily located country on the world map. Reviewed capital.
- Completed China coloring page from Around the World Coloring Book
- Geography Songs Song #17 Asia – Sang daily.
- Learned how to say hello, thank you, and some simple phrases in Chinese.
- Watched a video about pandas.
- Learned more about China from National Geographic Kids.
- Watched the Lion Dance and Dragon Dance videos.
- Did Home Art Studio Lesson 13: Chinese Dragon
- Did tangram puzzles from Geography Through Art pg. 50
- Ate Chinese food at the local Chinese place — with chopsticks!
- Stamped passports with exit date
|Making the dragons and a lost tooth. And yes, this kid does sometimes wear a shirt.|
|Finished dragon puppet from Home Art Studio DVD.|
|Tangrams from Grandfather Tang’s Story. This was probably the highlight of the week|
- Five Steps to a Fabulous Summer Plan - May 14, 2021
- Enchanted Journey Summer Reading Program - May 7, 2021
- How to get the most out of your homeschool convention - March 4, 2021