What we read:
- The Language of Birds
- “Prince Hedgehog” from Best-Loved Folktales of the World.
- “Baba Yaga” from Mini Stories from Around the World (Mini Classics)
- Read about Olia from Children Just Like Me: A Unique Celebration of Children Around the World
- Children’s Amazing Places Encyclopedia (Children’s Encyclopedia) — selections about places in Russia.
What we did:
- Placed flag sticker and entry date on passport. (Flag stickers and passports from Expedition Earth)
- Daily located country on the world map. Reviewed capital. Reviewed all countries and capitals learned so far.
- Completed Russia coloring page from Around the World Coloring Book
- Geography Songs Song #3 Former USSR Song – Sang daily.
- Learned to say Hello, “thank you,” and “How are you?” in Russian. I took three semesters in college and this is about all I can remember.
- Explored Russia on the National Geographic Kids website.
- Made matroyska dolls from Geography Through Art
- Listened to Maestro Classics “Peter and the Wolf” and “The Story of Swan Lake.”
- Watched portions of “Swan Lake” performed by the Kirov Ballet on YouTube.
- Stamped passports with exit date.
Latest posts by Pam (see all)
- Five Steps to a Fabulous Summer Plan - May 14, 2021
- Enchanted Journey Summer Reading Program - May 7, 2021
- How to get the most out of your homeschool convention - March 4, 2021
Spread the love