HS 160: The Introverted Homeschool Mom with Jamie Martin
It is no secret that I am an introvert and introverts have a special place in my heart. There is nothing wrong with extroverts, but getting the world to understand the need for a little quiet and time alone and not take it personally is hard.
It doesn’t mean one is shy (I’m totally not.) or awkward (debatable). But it does fly in the face of our very social world at times — especially when you are a mother and even more so when you are a homeschooling mother. We have chosen to be with our kids all day because we thing that is what is best for them, but we do that knowing the toll it will take on us and knowing we will need to compensate for all that together time. It can totally lead to guilt.
That is why I was so excited when I found out about Jamie Martin’s new book The Introverted Mom. Now there is someone who understands and can offer help. And on today’s podcast, Jamie does just that.
There is something for every mom on this show — introverts and extroverts both. I hope you enjoy.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- SPONSOR: Sonlight
- Jamie’s Site, Simple Homeschool
- Introverted Mom: Your Guide to More Calm, Less Guilt, and Quiet Joy
- Give Your Child the World: Raising Globally Minded Kids One Book at a Time
- Steady Days: A Journey Toward Intentional, Professional Motherhood
- Read Aloud Revival
- Reading Rainbow
- The Brave Learner: Finding Everyday Magic in Homeschool, Learning, and Life
SonlightIntroverted Mom: Your Guide to More Calm, Less Guilt, and Quiet JoyGive Your Child the World: Raising Globally Minded Kids One Book at a TimeSteady Days: A Journey Toward Intentional, Professional MotherhoodThe Brave Learner: Finding Everyday Magic in Homeschool, Learning, and Life
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.