HSP 34 Missy Andrews: Good Books, Good Conversation
Missy Andrews is a homeschool mother of six and co-author of Teaching the Classics. She regularly shares her love of literature on the CenterforLit podcast, BiblioFiles, along with her husband Adam, son Ian, and daughter-in-law Emily.
Join us as Missy talks about the real goal of homeschooling, the proper place for academics, and most importantly, how to get to the nitty-gritty of a book through a great conversation with your children.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- BiblioFiles Podcast
- The Hobbit
- Winnie the Pooh
- The Penderwicks
- The Chronicles of Narnia
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
The Hobbit: An Illustrated Edition of the Fantasy ClassicThe Complete Tales of Winnie-the-PoohThe Penderwicks Paperback 4-Book Boxed SetBy C. S. Lewis: The Chronicles of Narnia Box Set: Full-Color Collector’s Edition
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Ways to Listen to the Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.