HSP 36 Kortney Garrison: Homeschooling – Just DIY Learning
Kortney Garrison has had many adventures. Besides being married for 17 years, which is an adventure in itself sometimes, she has lived in South America, studied in London, and spent a summer in Guadalajara. These adventures have fostered in her a desire for simplicity and contemplation in her homeschool.
Kortney offers a down to earth look at homeschooling. Relax, go for the long haul, keep the end in view, and remember that a DIY education requires you to participate with your children as you take life in stride.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- One Deep Drawer
- Ann Voskamp’s Blog
- The Growly Books
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- The Black Fox of Lorne by
- Simply Convivial
- Simplified Organization
- Educating the WholeHearted Child by Sally Clarkson
- Never Too Late by John Holt
- The Teenage Liberation Handbook by
- Waltzing Matilda – Saint coloring pages
- Paper Dali – Saint coloring pages
- Vigil Candles
The Growly Books: Begin (Volume 1)The Chronicles of Narnia Boxed SetBlack Fox of LorneEducating the WholeHearted Child — Third EditionNever Too Late: My Musical Life StoryThe Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Ways to Listen to the Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.