Poetry Resources for Your Homeschool
Poetry has to be one of my favorite things in the entire world. Sigh.
Yes, I know not everyone feels that way about it, especially since some old spinster English teacher probably may you dissect the symbolism in every poem you read as a child. Unfair.
When you step back, though, and start taking poems at face value, reading them aloud and enjoying the sounds, picturing the images in your mind as you read, well then they start to become a little bit fun. And if you don’t make your kids dissect, they will think they are fun too.
This HSTV and bunch of resources will help you get started doing the fun poetry thing. Try it. You might just like it!
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Homeschool Snapshots
- Your Morning Basket
- The Homeschool Solutions Show
- YMB #8 Start With Wonder: A Conversation with Nicholas Ireland
- YMB #2 Furnishing the Mind: A Conversation on Recitation with Andrew Pudewa
- Linguistic Development through Poetry Memorization by Andrew Pudewa
- Morning Time Binder
- The Random House Book of Poetry for Children
- Read-Aloud Poems for Young People
- Poetry for Young People
- First Words Kit
- Poetry Tea Time for Multi-Age Family by Lynna Sutherland
- Host Your Own Kids’ Poetry Tea
- Easy Tips for Poetry Tea Parties
Join the Facebook Community
We publish a new Homeschool Solutions TV video every week. For those, plus your daily funny, the most helpful homeschooling links, things that make you go “hmmm,” and community with a bit of sass, follow the Homeschool Solutions with Pam Barnhill Facebook page.