We took all the hard work out of planning Morning Time!
The plans include twenty-four weeks of Morning Time activities based on the Middle Ages. These are perfect for families who are studying medieval to new-world history in a three-year history cycle with their local classical community.
This is a digital product. Nothing will be mailed.
Designed for grades 1-6 the plans can easily be adapted to include preschool to teens. We believe this can be a complete education for younger elementary students (through grade 3) — just add phonics, math, handwriting, and your own memory work.
Topics and subjects included in these plans are:
- Prayer – Prayers from the Early Saints, Francis of Assisi, Augustine of Hippo, Thomas Aquinas, and Clement of Rome
- Geography – Draw Europe by Kristin J. Draeger
- Music appreciation – Music from the middle ages and SQUILT Vol. 4 Modern Era
- Math – Sir Cumference Bundle from Math Geek Mama and Puzzles, Puzzles, and more Puzzles!
- Picture study – Van Eyck, Cezanne and Cassatt
- Art – art projects from the time periods
- Nature Study – 24 famous naturalists
- Reading Suggestions – Fabulous selections to accompany the subject areas
- Read Alouds – Six great chapter books scheduled for you to choose between
I enjoy the simplicity of the plans. It is totally open, gather, and go!
Having the plan all worked out enables me to jump right in and be really intentional about our time together.
- Intro material with tips and instructions for doing all the subjects
- A weekly grid that schedules each subject for you daily
- OR a loop schedule laying out all the subjects and activities to be done — just do the next thing(s) each day
- A blank grid to add your own subjects or resources to the plan if you want
- Printable booklist to take to the library
- Copies of poems and prayers to print for your family
- An easy-to-use web page with links to all the videos and tutorials in the plans, as well as links to the books and art supplies for your convenience
* Note: In order to complete some of the subjects as written you will need to purchase the following:
- Sir Cumference Bundle, Sir Cumference and the First Round Table, Sir Cumference and the Isle of Immeter, and Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi all by Cindy Neuschwander (books can be borrowed from the library)
- SQUILT Vol. 4 Modern Era
- Draw Europe by Kristin J. Draeger
- Picture Study Portfolios: Van Eyck
- Masterpiece Society’s Art Appreciation and Enrichment for Cézanne and Cassatt
- Classical Collection History Video Art Lessons
- Books can be purchased or borrowed from your library. We encourage appropriate substitutions.
If you do not wish to purchase any of the above resources those subjects can be omitted from the study or you can adapt the lesson plans.
The sample contains a smattering of pages from the intro, an example of a couple of printable booklist pages, printable poem page, weekly grids, and loop schedule pages.
This product is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Classical Conversations™. It is not designed to be a substitute for Classical Conversations™ materials or the community day. This product also contains a significant amount of material from our Middle Ages Term 1 and Term 2 plans reorganized. Please consult with us at firstname.lastname@example.org before buying either of those sets and this product.
What are you waiting for? Have the Morning Time you always wanted, without the stress, prep, and planning!