We took all the hard work out of planning Morning Time!
The plans include seven weeks of Morning Time activities all loosely based around a seasonal theme.
Designed for grades 1-6 the plans can easily be adapted to include preschool to adult age groups.
Topics and subjects included in these plans are:
- Prayer – using The Lord’s Prayer as a mode for your own prayer
- Memorization – Shakespeare
- Poetry – seasonal selections
- Music appreciation – Ralph Vaughn Williams
- Math – standard and non-standard measurement inspired by Measuring Penny
- Picture study – winter-themed artwork
- Art – basic drawing
- Nature Study – insects from the Handbook and Nature Study and videos
- Picture books – fabulous selections to accompany the subject areas
- Read Alouds – two great chapter books scheduled for you to choose between
I enjoy the simplicity of the plans. It is totally open, gather, and go!
Having the plan all worked out enables me to jump right in and be really intentional about our time together.
- Intro material with tips and instructions for doing all the subjects
- A weekly grid that schedules each subject for you daily
- OR a loop schedule laying out all the subjects and activities to be done — just do the next thing(s) each day
- A blank grid to add your own subjects or resources to the plan if you want
- Printable booklist to take to the library
- Copies of poems and prayers to print for your family
- An easy-to-use web page with links to all the videos and tutorials in the plans, as well as links to the books and art supplies for your convenience
* Note: Completing a couple of the subjects as written will require additional resources. Some of these may be found at your local library. A couple will need to be purchased. See the introduction in the sample for more information.
The sample contains a smattering of pages from the intro, an example of a printable booklist page, printable poem page, weekly grid, and loop schedule page.
What are you waiting for? Have the Morning Time you always wanted, without the stress, prep, and planning!