The third interview in the Ultimate Guide to Homeschool Methods was a delight to record. I loved chatting with new friend, Margaret in Minnesota. cblogs about her beautiful life with seven kids at her blog — Minnesota Mom where she focuses on family, faith, and lots of love.
Listen to the Interview
Resources From the Interview
- Seton Home Study School
- Teaching From Rest
- Amongst Lovely Things
- Read Aloud Revival
- Shower of Roses
- Waltzing Matilda
- Pinewood Castle
- The Green Ember
- The Penderwicks in Spring
- Bridge to Terabithia
Other School at Home Resources and Blogs
The minute and second mark to find the following topics.
- 4:45 What Margaret gets from her curriculum provider and how specifically they support her homeschooling.
- 8:39 Margaret talks about juggling multiple levels of students and combining them to best meet her needs.
- 9:36 Margaret tells us what most influenced her decision to go with a complete curriculum provider.
- 11:31 Margaret talks about her philosophy of education.
- 12:15 What a typical day looks like in Margaret’s home.
- 13:24 Margaret talks about being overwhelmed with the requirements of her curriculum provider and what she does to solve that issue.
- 17:00 Some of Margarets favorite homeschool books and resources.
- 18:01 The importance of real-life and online friends for homeschooling support.
- 19:25 Margaret talks about how using Seton has prepared her kids to enter private school in grade seven.
- 20:24 Why Margaret thinks school at home is the best way for her kids to learn.
- 21:19 Margaret talks about reading as a family
Free Resource Sheet
Is School at Home right for you? As a gift to you, I am offering this free downloadable reference sheet on homeschooling methods.
Find out which method might appeal to you, and the number one resource I recommend for beginning to explore each method. Enter your info to get your reference guide.