Cindy West is a homeschooling mother of three and the author of the NaturExplorer series. She joins us on this episode of the podcast to share her contagious enthusiasm for nature study.
She discusses the importance of this sometimes-neglected subject–how nature study helps us develop keen observation skills, teaches us important truths about our Creator, and gives us opportunities to make connections to subjects like science, geography, and math.
Cindy has an impressive list of simple, meaningful ways to spend just a few minutes of Morning Time on nature study. So, whether you are a seasoned nature enthusiast or someone who prefers to enjoy the great outdoors from the comfort of your air-conditioned living room, you will be sure to find some great ideas in this episode.
Listen to the podcast
The Basket Bonus for today’s show is a printable nature study record for your Morning Time binder. Enter your information to gain access to the Basket Bonus library.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Our Journey Westward (Cindy’s blog)
- Shining Dawn Books
- NaturExplorers books
- Shanleya’s Quest by Thomas Elpel
- Into the Forest, Nature’s Food Chain Game
- Audubon field guides
- Handbook of Nature Study by Anna Comstock
- Harrington Harmonies (Stephanie Harrington’s blog)
- Cindy’s Nature Notebooking Pinterest board
- Set card game
Shanleya’s Quest: A Botany Adventure for Kids Ages 9-99Ampersand Press Into the Forest, Nature’s Food Chain GameNational Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds: Eastern Region, Revised EditionHandbook of Nature StudySet: The Family Game of Visual Perception (Cover art may vary)
Leave a Rating or Review
Thank you for your interest in leaving a rating or review for Your Morning Basket on iTunes. Here’s how you do it:
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Ways to Listen to Your Morning Basket
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.