We have some episodes here at Your Morning Basket that are all about the philosophy behind Morning Time, and we have some episodes that are all about the practical how-tos of actually making Morning Time happen, but this particular episode is a lovely mixture of the two.
Sarah Mackenzie is a mother of six, the author of Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler’s Guide to Unshakable Peace, and the host of the Read-Aloud Revival. She joins us on the podcast to discuss Morning Time as a key tool that can help us order our children’s affections, turn our attention to things of utmost importance, and ground ourselves in state of rest, avoiding that place of frenzy and worry that we are not doing “enough.”
But Sarah doesn’t stop there. She also throws in some of her best practical tips, like ideas for how to wrangle a houseful of toddlers and simplify Morning Time as needed during key seasons of family life. There is something for everyone in this interview, so sit back and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast
The Basket Bonus for today’s show is a printable library list of Sarah’s Favorite Morning Time Read Alouds. Enter your information to gain access to the Basket Bonus library.
And as your extra special bonus don’t forget to use the code SARAHYMB20 to get 20% off of Teaching From Rest from Classical Academic Press. It is valid on the book and all products at CAP (including the discounted bundles) except for Singapore Math and live, online classes through Feb 29th
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Read-Aloud Revival
- Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler’s Guide to Unshakable Peace by Sarah Mackenzie
- Picture Study Portfolios from Simply Charlotte Mason
- Bartholomew’s Passage by Arnold Ytreeide
- The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
- On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness by Andrew Peterson
- Jotham’s Journey by Arnold Ytreeide
- Amon’s Adventure by Arnold Ytreeide
- Life of Our Lord for Children by Marigold Hunt
- My Path to Heaven by Geoffrey Bliss
- Mathematicians are People Too by Dale Seymour Publications
- My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
- Sarah’s Quickstart Guide with 5 questions to ask about any book
Bartholomew’s Passage: A Family Story for AdventAmon’s Adventure: A Family Story for EasterJotham’s Journey: A Storybook for AdventThe Taming of the Shrew (Folger Shakespeare Library)On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness (The Wingfeather Saga)Life of Our Lord for Children, AMy Path to Heaven: A Young Person’s Guide to the FaithMathematicians Are People, Too: Stories from the Lives of Great MathematiciansMy Side of the Mountain (Puffin Modern Classics)
Leave a Rating or Review
Thank you for your interest in leaving a rating or review for Your Morning Basket on iTunes. Here’s how you do it:
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Ways to Listen to Your Morning Basket
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.