Julie Bogart is a veteran homeschool mom, professional writer, and the creator of the writing and language arts program Brave Writer.
She joins us on this episode of the podcast to discuss freewriting, a method for getting the thoughts that are running through one’s head down onto paper. As part of her desire to equip families for the writing process, Julie explores the idea of implementing this practice in the context of Morning Time.
Julie describes a writing environment where children’s ideas are respected, the parent-child relationship is valued, and there is only one rule: keep your pencil moving until the timer beeps.
Her step-by-step instructions in how to begin a freewriting habit, including ideas for accommodating non-writers and reluctant writers, are both helpful and reassuring. So grab a pencil and some paper and get ready to enjoy a great interview!
Listen to the podcast
The Basket Bonus for today’s show is a Freewriting Quickstart from Julie Bogart with eight suggested topics and a link to a special resource all about freewriting from Bravewriter. Enter your email to get access to the Basket Bonus library with this and other great Your Morning Basket printables.
Links and resources from today’s show:
Leave a Rating or Review
Thank you for your interest in leaving a rating or review for Your Morning Basket on iTunes. Here’s how you do it:
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Ways to Listen to Your Morning Basket
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.