One of the earliest books I purchased on homeschooling — way back when my oldest was only four-years-old — was Kendra Fletcher’s Circle Time: Plan the Best Part of Your Day. It was my first introduction to what I would later call Morning Time.
That inspiration is why I wanted to have Kendra on the show today to tell her Circle Time story. I think you will be inspired too.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- SPONSOR: Lauri Toys
- Preschoolers and Peace
- Homeschooling IRL Podcast
- Kendra’s blog
- Circle Time: Plan the Best Part of Your Day
- Lost and Found: Losing Religion, Finding Grace
- Preschoolers and Peace: Homeschooling Older Kids With Success While Loving the Little Ones at Your Feet
- 100 Scripture Versus to Memorize
- Classical Acts & Facts® Science Cards: Biology, Geology
- Who Is God?
- Who Is My Neighbor?
- Discovering Great Artists
- Charlotte’s Web
- Swallows and Amazons
- Children of the New Forest
- Owls in the Family
- The Nine Tailors
- Pilgrim’s Progress
- Treasure Island
- The Mystery of History Volume 1
- The Mystery of History Volume 2
- The Mystery of History Volume 3
- The Mystery of History Volume 4
Circle Time: Plan the Best Part of Your DayLost and Found: Losing Religion, Finding GracePreschoolers and Peace: Homeschooling Older Kids With Success While Loving the Little Ones at Your FeetWho Is God?Who Is My Neighbor?Discovering Great ArtistsCharlotte’s WebSwallows and AmazonsChildren of the New ForestOwls in the FamilyThe Nine TailorsPilgrim’s ProgressTreasure IslandThe Mystery of History Volume 1The Mystery of History Volume 2The Mystery of History Volume 3The Mystery of History Volume 4
Key Ideas about Building Relationships with Circle Time
Circle time started with finding a way for the whole family to learn together. It can be a short 15
minutes or an hour filled with lots of activities.
Use Morning Time as an opportunity to teach your kids things that you really love and enjoy.
What are some of the things that you want your kids to learn? Put those into your Morning Time
Be flexible and allow plans to change as needed for the season you are in. There is no failure in
Morning Time. It’s okay to revamp the entire if you realize something isn’t working.
Find what you want to hear:
- [3:27] meet Kendra
- [5:28] how Morning Time got started in Kendra’s home
- [10:40] favorite activities
- [14:32] Circle Time with an only child
- [17:50] moms role in Morning Time
- [20:21] favorite Circle Time memories
- [23:21] biggest mistake
- [29:28] planning Morning Time
- [32:24] favorite read alouds
- [37:45] best tips for mom starting Morning Time
Leave a rating or review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on Listen on Apple Podcasts under the podcast name.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both!
Thanks for your reviews
- Thank youby mrsbeliever from United States
I take my walks outside two times a day. I enjoy listening to all the knowledge you have on your podcast! I am a mom of 7 and have been homeschooling for 18 years! I’m not a novice but have loved all your advice and input! Thank you for everything you do! I love it!
- Always a favorite!by Lizzie O' from United States
Pam continues to do an amazing job with this podcast. She is a wonderful host, never hurried, asks great questions and really lets her guest share his/her experience fully. The variety of experience & wisdom here is fruit for the homeschooling community at large. I’ve been listening from day one and this podcast continues to be a top favorite. Thank you Pam!
- Morning time will change your lifeby RachBoz from United States
I’ve listened to YMB and Pam off and on for years, and she literally changed my life 7 years ago when I was just starting to homeschool. I’m so thankful for her ministry and encouragement to homeschool moms of all ages! I highly recommend doing morning time!
- Life Affirmingby Logandinco66 from United States
This podcast is amazing and has helped me so much as recovering perfectionist homeschooling mama! Pam gives so much great insight into so many aspects of life and focusing on homeschooling.
- Life giving!by lapatita5 from United States
This podcast has been so great. It’s so practical and encouraging without being overly preachy or narrow. It gives ideas in a take-what-fits kind of way. I have used many of the recommended resources and ideas mentioned and been inspired by many others. Even the episodes that I found less relevant to me specifically, often had tidbits that I could use. Pam’s podcasts, books, and resources have been a godsend to me in my beginning years of homeschooling, helping me discover my own way to teach my kids in a way that prioritizes what is most important to us.
- You've made my school year!