YMB #51 Studying Geography Through Literature: A Conversation with Sarita Holzmann
Sarita Holzmann was a reluctant homeschooler but soon came to love it. With a heart for missionaries serving overseas and the people they serve, Sarita has always had an eye towards bringing geography to life using literature.
On this episode of the podcast she joins us to discuss why geography is important and why literature is the best way to experience that. Get your notebooks handy — there is more than one great book recommendation in this episode.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- SPONSOR: Maestro Classics
- Sonlight Christian Homeschool Curriculum and Programs
- Sweet and Sour Milk
- A Long Walk to Water
- Seven Daughters and Seven Sons
- Shadow Spinner
- Breaking Stalin’s Nose
- Little Pear
- The Story about Ping
- Mary Slessor
- God’s Smuggler
- The Cat Who Went to Heaven
Sweet and Sour: Tales from ChinaA Long Walk to WaterSeven Daughters and Seven SonsShadow SpinnerBreaking Stalin’s NoseLittle Pear (Odyssey Classics (Odyssey Classics))The Story about PingMary Slessor: Missionary MotherGod’s SmugglerThe Cat Who Went to Heaven
Leave a Rating or Review
Thank you for your interest in leaving a rating or review for Your Morning Basket on iTunes. Here’s how you do it:
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.