YMB #58 Singing in Morning Time: Yes, you can! A Conversation with Heather Bunting
Heather Bunting is passionate about helping families learn to sing — even if mom doesn’t think she can carry a tune at all. Through her free YouTube channel, Children of the Open Air, Heather helps make solfege lessons, hymns, and folks songs accessible for homeschool families everywhere.
In this episode of the podcast, Heather talks about the skill of learning to sing, how we can incorporate singing lessons into our Morning Time, and what to do about those who feel they lack the talent to succeed. I invite you to listen and be inspired to bring singing to your own Morning Time.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- SPONSOR: Maestro Classics
- Heather’s YouTube Channel, Children of the Open Air
- Heather on Instagram, @churchmouseathome
- Charlotte Mason IRL on Instagram, @charlottemasonirl
- Little Songster
- Sing Solfa
- A Philosophy of Music Education
- For the Children’s Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and School
- Start Here: A Journey Through Charlotte Mason’s 20 Principles
- Charlotte Mason’s Original Homeschooling Series
- Ambleside Online
- Mad Libs
- Piano Lessons with Hoffman Academy
- American Folk Songs for Children
- Elizabeth Mitchell | All Ages Folk Music
A Philosophy of Music EducationFor the Children’s Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and SchoolStart Here: A Journey Through Charlotte Mason’s 20 PrinciplesMad LibsAmerican Folk Songs for ChildrenHome Education (The Home Education Series) (Volume 1)
Leave a Rating or Review
Thank you for your interest in leaving a rating or review for Your Morning Basket on iTunes. Here’s how you do it:
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.