HSP 38 Charlotte Gleason: A Literary Lifestyle
In this episode of the Homeschool Snapshots podcast we chat with Charlotte Gleason, a homeschool mom of three, who loves food, literature, and teaching college-level classes.
Charlotte began homeschooling because she wanted her children to be able to run and play as well as have time to read. She encourages us to make literature and grammar an integral part of our homeschool as a way to prepare our children for success in college.
With a genuine love for teaching that shines through every book recommendation, Charlotte challenges us to find something that energizes us separate from our homeschool. For her it is teaching. What is it for you?
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Charles Dickens
- Jane Austen
- Gwendolyn Brooks
- Fahrenheit 451
- Chains Trilogy
- A Wrinkle in Time
- Inside Out and Back Again
- The Giver
- Harry Potter
- Little House on the Prairie
- The Chronicles of Narnia
- Almonzo Wilder’s Farm
- Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace
David Copperfield (Penguin Classics)Pride and PrejudiceSelected Poems1984 (Signet Classics)Fahrenheit 451: A NovelFeedSpeakThe Seeds of America Trilogy: Chains; Forge; AshesA Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet)Inside Out and Back AgainThe Giver (Giver Quartet)Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s StoneThe Little House (9 Volumes Set)The Chronicles of NarniaStyle: Lessons in Clarity and Grace (11th Edition)
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Ways to Listen to the Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.