Marianne Sunderland is a long-time homeschooler who has graduated 3 (soon to be 4) of her 8 children. She joins us on this episode of the podcast to discuss just the tip of the iceberg of what she has learned in over 20 years of homeschooling, about dyslexia, helping kids set goals and pursue big dreams, and more.
Her family’s journey is an exciting one and listening to Marianne share her wisdom and personal experiences is a treat. Enjoy!
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Dyslexia 101: Truths, Myths and What Really Works by Marianne Sunderland
- Abundant Life
- Homeschooling with Dyslexia
- National Institute for Learning Development
- All About Reading and All About Spelling
- Zac Sunderland: The World Awaits
- Intrepid: The Zac Sunderland Story
- Unsinkable: A Young Woman’s Courageous Battle on the High Seas by Abby Sunderland
- Wild Eyes: The Abby Sunderland Story
- Abby Sunderland’s blog
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Marianne or me. We would both love to hear from you!