HSP 040 Sue Umezaki: Homeschooling in Japan
At your request, today we are talking to Sue Umezaki about what it is like to homeschool in another culture. An interest in an exotic language led Sue to Japan as a teacher. There she met her husband and the rest is history. She has lived in Japan for 22 years and has homeschooled her four children from the beginning.
With one daughter graduated, and three more at home, Sue has her feet on both sides of the homeschooling threshold. She talks about the freedom she experiences with homeschooling, finding homeschooling support, unique opportunities and struggles, living in small spaces, and simply everyday life.
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Ways to Listen to the Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.