We took all the hard work out of planning Morning Time!
The plans include fourteen weeks of Morning Time activities based on the Ancient times. These are perfect for families who are studying the Ancients in a four-year history cycle.
This is a digital product. Nothing will be mailed.
Designed for grades 1-6 the plans can easily be adapted to include preschool to teens. We believe this can be a complete education for younger elementary students (through grade 3) — just add phonics, math, and handwriting.
Topics and subjects included in these plans are:
- Prayer – Psalms of Ascent
- Memorization – Exodus 20
- Geography – Asia and the Middle East
- Music appreciation – Custom-written lesson plans authored by Genie Shaw of Barefoot Abbey focusing on common musical terms
- Math – The Warlord Series
- Picture study – Selections from the era
- Art – Ancient History Video Art Lessons
- Nature Study – fish, reptiles and small mammals.
- Reading Suggestions – Fabulous selections to accompany the subject areas
- Read Alouds – Four great chapter books scheduled for you to choose between
[tvo_shortcode id=34053]The lesson plans are designed for ease-of-use for new Morning Time Moms and veterans alike. They feature:
- Intro material with tips and instructions for doing all the subjects
- A weekly grid that schedules each subject for you daily
- OR a loop schedule laying out all the subjects and activities to be done — just do the next thing(s) each day
- A blank grid to add your own subjects or resources to the plan if you want
- Printable booklist to take to the library
- Copies of poems, prayers, and memorization to print for your family
- An easy-to-use web page with links to all the videos and tutorials in the plans, as well as links to the books and art supplies for your convenience
* Note: In order to complete some of the subjects as written you will need to purchase the following:
- Warlord Bundle from Math Geek Mama and the Warlord book series (Books can be borrowed from the library.)
- Ancient History Video Art Lessons
- Books can be purchased or borrowed from your library. We encourage appropriate substitutions.
If you do not wish to purchase any of the above resources those subjects can be omitted from the study or you can adapt the lesson plans.
The sample contains a smattering of pages from the intro, an example of a printable booklist page, printable poem page, weekly grid, and loop schedule page.
What are you waiting for? Have the Morning Time you always wanted, without the stress, prep, and planning!