The third interview in the Ultimate Guide to Homeschool Methods was a delight to record. I loved chatting with my old friend, Sue Elvis who blogs at sueelviswrites.com. Sue unschools her large family where they focus on doing their own projects, relationships, and trusting the child.
Listen to the Interview
Resources From the Interview
- A Little Way of Homeschooling
- Homeschooling with Gentleness: A Catholic Discovers Unschooling
- A Perfect Method for Keeping Unschooling Records
- A Successful Evernote Homeschool Registration Visit
- Registering as Homeschoolers Using Evernote Homeschool Records
Other Unschooling Resources and Blog
- Teach Your Own: The John Holt Book of Homeschooling
- Moving a Puddle
- Free to Learn: Why Unleashing the Instinct to Play Will Make Our Children Happier, More Self-Reliant, and Better Students for Life
- These Temporary Tents
- I’m Unschooled. Yes, I Can Write.
- Journey Into Unschooling
The minute and second mark to find the following topics.
- 6:26 Sue describes the philosophy of unschooling.
- 9:21 Sue explains “strewing”
- 11:28 How does Sue make sure her children learn the basic skills
- 16:03 Sue’s favorite resources for moms interested in unschooling
- 17:06 What does a typical day look like in Sue’s home
- 21:05 The Elvis kids’ university experiences and how unschooling prepared them
- 23:25 How Sue uses Evernote to keep her legal homeschool records
- 26:15 Why Sue thinks that unschooling is the best way for children to learn
- 27:30 What would Sue do if one of her children decided to check out and not learn for a while
- 28:27 The importance of Mom’s example in unschooling
Free Resource Sheet
Is Unschooling right for you? As a gift to you, I am offering this free downloadable resource sheet on homeschooling methods. Find out which method might appeal to you, and the number one resource I recommend for beginning to explore each method.
And when you sign up for your free download you will be added to the weekly newsletter list so you will be notified when more audio interviews about each method are released. There will be five in all.
Latest posts by Pam Barnhill (see all)
- All About Reading Gets a Fun Update - February 13, 2019
- Come meet Pam at the 2019 Great Homeschool Conventions - January 14, 2019
- The secret to making lasting change - December 20, 2018