What we read:
- “Dick Whittington” from Mini Stories from Around the World (Mini Classics)
- Tom Thumb –This was not the greatest version of the story, but instead what my library had. The kids did ask for it more than once, though (shrug).
- Children’s Amazing Places Encyclopedia (Children’s Encyclopedia) — selections about places in the United Kingdom.
How I totally blanked out on all the great British literature is beyond me. We did read a little Shakespeare during our poetry tea time, but I could have done so much more here and for some reason (life) just did not.
What we did:
- Placed flag sticker and entry date on passport. (Flag stickers and passports from Expedition Earth)
- Daily located country on the world map. Reviewed capital. Reviewed all countries and capitals learned so far.
- Watched The Little Travelers British Isles.
- Completed United Kingdom coloring page from Around the World Coloring Book
- Geography Songs Song #1 British Isles Song.
- Made a stained glass-style painting from our Home School Art Studio Program DVD.
- Had a tea party with scones and cucumber sandwiches.
- Five Steps to a Fabulous Summer Plan - May 14, 2021
- Enchanted Journey Summer Reading Program - May 7, 2021
- How to get the most out of your homeschool convention - March 4, 2021