The second interview in the Ultimate Guide to Homeschool Methods is with a super-special friend of mine, Brandy Vencel. I am not (currently) a Charlotte Mason homeschooler, but sitting at the feet of Brandy keeps inching me more and more in that direction I think. I just love chatting with her about Charlotte Mason.
I hope you enjoy meeting Brandy.
Listen to the Interview
Resources From the Interview
- Towards a Philosophy of Education: Charlotte Mason Volume VI
- Brandy’s Newbie Tuesday Monthly Newsletter for those new to CM
- Start Here: A Journey Through Charlotte Mason’s 20 Principles
- For the Children’s Sake
- Ambleside Online
- Teaching the Trivium: Christian Homeschooling in a Classical Style
- Cindy Rollins
- Teaching Reading With Bob Books
- Grammar of Poetry
- MEP Math
- KISS Grammar
- Latin: First Year (Henle Latin)
- Left Back: A Century of Battles over School Reform
- Desiring the Kingdom
Other Charlotte Mason Resources
- Consider This
- Simply Charlotte Mason
- Joyous Lessons
- Charlotte Mason in Community
- Crossing the Brandywine
The minute and second mark to find the following topics.
- 2:34 What influenced Brandy’s decision to use the Charlotte Mason method of education.
- 3:52 Why Brandy thinks it’s okay to start with Charlotte Mason practices before you completely understand Charlotte Mason principles.
- 7:04 Why Charlotte Mason principles are great for meeting the child where he or she is.
- 8:54 Charlotte Mason’s 20 principles and why they are the heart of a Charlotte Mason education.
- 14:30 Brandy’s typical day – goats and all.
- 16:10 All about Brandy’s Morning Time (She calls it Circle Time.)
- 23:49 Can you still use some favorite mainstream curriculum with a Charlotte Mason education?
- 28:38 Brandy’s “one thing” that she feels is the heart of a Charlotte Mason education.
- 29:21 Why Brandy feels the Charlotte Mason method is the best way to educate a child.
Free Resource Sheet
Is this method of homeschooling right for you? As a gift to you, I am offering this free downloadable resource sheet on homeschooling methods. Find out which method might appeal to you, and the number one resource I recommend for beginning to explore each method.
And when you sign up for your free download you will be added to the weekly newsletter list so you will be notified when more audio interviews about each method are released. There will be five in all.
Latest posts by Pam Barnhill
- Are we measuring homeschool planning success wrong? - July 11, 2019
- Getting Your Day Off to a Better Start - July 10, 2019
- Why You Need to Stop Buying Homeschool Planners - July 4, 2019