HS 148: Homeschool Convention 411 with Dawn Garrett
Today I am joined by Homeschool Solutions Community Manager and fellow convention fan Dawn Garrett to talk all about the homeschool convention. Dawn and I are both long-time attendees of Great Homeschool Conventions and are looking forward to meeting many of you there this year.
In this episode Dawn and I dish:
- Why go to a homeschool convention at all.
- Our favorite panel or talk from a convention and how to decide which speakers to see.
- How to avoid “overload” and work the vendor hall like a pro.
- The pros and cons of going with family or friends.
- How to stick to your budget and the one tool you should not forget to take to the convention.
- How going to conventions have helped us in our homeschooling and why we wouldn’t miss going each year.
If you haven’t given a convention a thought this episode might get your inspired to check on out.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- SPONSOR: Big Life Journal (Use code PAM10 for 10% off!)
- SPONSOR: BookShark
- Great Homeschool Conventions
- Math on the Level
- Blog She Wrote
- Don’t go to the homeschool convention without this handy tool
- How to get the most out of your homeschool convention
- Vision and Goals Webinar
- You Need a Homeschool Vision
- Institute for Excellence in Writing
- Classical Academic Press
- CiRCE Institute
- Everyday Education
- Spelling You See
- Rainbow Resource
- Miller Pads and Paper
- Picture Study Portfolios — Simply Charlotte Mason
- Memoria Press
Big Life Journal: A Growth Mindset Journal for ChildrenBig Life Journal – Teen Edition: A Growth Mindset Journal for Tweens & Teens
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Random question from a first time conference goer… Is there a table or somewhere where one could leave gently used curriculum that might bless someone else? I’m specifically going to GHC and would love be helpful to someone (and myself) in that way.
Not that I am aware. I have never seen anything like that.
I am so wishing that GHC had printable schedules online! I am headed to SC this weekend and tried to planned ahead, but the schedule prints out so tiny that you can’t read it! Bummer!