This week I am launching the podcast with a helpful series called Get Inspired for the New Year. In this series I will be chatting with five homeschooling moms with messages to inspire you to change your life and your family for the better this year.
Join me each day this week as I interview encouraging moms like:
- Janice Campbell on moms taking time for their own projects and why it is important.
- Sarah Mackenzie on building the habit of reading aloud to your kids and why it is such a gift for them and for you.
- Mystie Winckler on the one thing you can do to change your organizational life forever.
- Kris Bales on how to get active and lose weight this new year.
- Colleen Kessler on the secret to making positive parenting changes.
Today I am talking with Janice Campbell from Everyday Education. Janice is an author, entrepreneur, curriculum developer, and most importantly, a homeschooling mom. In this episode we talk about homeschooling her four boys through graduation, the ins and outs of their homeschooling days, and why it is important for moms to model a love of learning for their kids.
Click the play button below to hear the podcast:
Links and resources from today’s podcast:
- For the Children’s Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and School – Janice’s favorite homeschooling book.
- The Chosen and Seven Alone (On to Oregon!) – Favorite family read-alouds.
- John Holt’s Author Page and Raymond Moore Author Page – Early homeschooling books and influences.
- Everyday Education – Janice’s publishing website with her curriculum and books.
- Janice Campbell: Making Time for Things that Matter – Janice’s personal blog.
- Doing What Matters – Janice’s site on entrepreneurship, building business, and time management.
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Once the feed is uploaded you will be able to subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Janice or me. We would both love to hear from you!
This post is part of the iHomeschool Network’s Homeschool Hopscotch. Check out the other helpful and inspirational homeschool posts here!