The fourth interview in the Ultimate Guide to Homeschool Methods I got to chat with one of my very favorite people, Jennifer Dow from Expanding Wisdom. Jennifer is a joy, because she makes me think about life, education, and being a more virtuous person every single time we talk.
Listen to the Interview
Resources From the Interview
- The Big Book of Home Learning : Getting Started: Introduces All Major Home School Methods & Answers Your Most Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Speak How to Listen
- The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home (Third Edition)
- Classical Conversations
- Circe Institute
- Circe Apprenticeship Program
- Looping: Task Management for the (Recovering) Type-A Mom
- The Liberal Arts Tradition
- Consider This: Charlotte Mason and the Classical Tradition
- Memoria Press
- Classical Academic Press
- A Guide to Teaching Classically
Other Classical Resources and Blogs
- An Introduction to Classical Education
- The Core
- Scholé Sisters
- Simply Convivial
- Mt. Hope Chronicles
- Sandbox to Socrates
The minute and second mark to find the following topics.
- 1:10 – Jennifer’s classical education journey.
- 6:40 – What has most influenced Jennifer’s decision to give her children a classical education.
- 7:40 – What is difficult about teaching classically?
- 9:40 – What a typical day looks like in Jennifer’s home.
- 16:27 – How to give yourself grace as a classical educator.
- 21:59 – Why Jennifer thinks classical education is the best way for children to learn.
- 24:27 – How to get started with classical education without being overwhelmed.
Free Resource Sheet
Is Classical Homeschooling right for you? As a gift to you, I am offering this free downloadable resource sheet on homeschooling methods. Find out which method might appeal to you, and the number one resource I recommend for beginning to explore each method.
And when you sign up for your free download you will be added to the weekly newsletter list so you will be notified when more audio interviews about each method are released. There will be five in all.
Latest posts by Pam Barnhill (see all)
- All About Reading Gets a Fun Update - February 13, 2019
- Come meet Pam at the 2019 Great Homeschool Conventions - January 14, 2019
- The secret to making lasting change - December 20, 2018