HSP 39 Diane Lockman: Focus on the Skills They Need
Ever feel like what you do doesn’t matter? Do you ever wonder if the sacrifice you made to stay home and teach your children is in vain? Join us for this episode of Homeschool Snapshots Podcast as Diane Lockman encourages us with what really matters.
Diane reminds us to let go of subjects and give our children the skills now to learn the content they need for their callings later. She reminds us that the most important thing we can do is teach our children, how to read, write, think, and speak well, equipping them to seek their passions and find their place in the world.
But most of all, Diane helps us to see that when moms are equipped through prayer and education then the whole family benefits.
Just a quick note on the sound quality of this episode; it isn’t great. We do apologize for the fuzzy sounds and want you to know that this is not the norm. It only affects Pam’s side of the interview so we decided to run it anyway because Diane is just wonderful!
Links and resources from today’s show:
- The Classical Scholar
- Trivium Mastery
- Robins Curosoe
- Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- National Christian Forensics and Communication Association
- Roman Roads Media
- Skills Checklists
Trivium Mastery: The Intersection of Three Roads: How to Give Your Child an Authentic Classical Home EducationRobinson Crusoe (Scribner’s Illustrated Classics)The Voyage of the ‘Dawn Treader’ (The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 5)
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Ways to Listen to the Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.