YMB #61: Heather Woodie Morning Time with Teens
Today we are joined on the podcast by Heather Woodie of Blog She Wrote, mom of four young adults. Heather has been practicing Morning Time in her family for a number of years, and has seen a shift in the practice as she has graduated two kids and is now left home with two more teens to go.
In this episode of the podcast we chat about:
- how Heather’s Morning Time changed has changed over the years.
- why is Morning Time still a valuable practice in the teen years.
- what kind of adjustments and challenges a teen-only Morning Time brings.
- how Heather’s role at Morning Time changed as the kids have gotten older.
- and how Heather has been able to use topics from Morning Time as coursework and credits for the purposes of high school transcripts
- plus so much more.
Sit back and enjoy as we dive into Morning Time with the teen set.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- SPONSOR: Christmas Morning Time Plans
- Blog, She Wrote
- Homeschooling High School by Design
- Homeschooling for College by Design
- Strategies for Scheduling High School
- Our Favorite Learning Games for Morning Time
- Blog, She Spoke 3: Morning Time with Teens
- How to Include Teens in Your Morning Time
- How to Engage Your Teens with Books
- 100 Books You Should Read by the Time You Turn 20
- The Swallows and Amazons Adventures by Arthur Ransome
- Crash Course YouTube Channel
- The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician’s Nephew
- How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Twelfth Night
- Star Trek: The Original Series
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Ticket To Ride
- Saboteur Card Game
- Love Letter
- Memoir ’44
- A Christmas Carol
- Brave Writer
- The Boomerang
Homeschooling High School by DesignHomeschooling for College by DesignThe Swallows and Amazons Adventures by Arthur RansomeThe Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the WardrobeThe Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician’s NephewHow to Teach Your Children ShakespeareA Midsummer Night’s DreamTwelfth NightStar Trek: The Original Series: The Complete SeriesStar Trek: The Next Generation – The Complete SeriesStargateTicket To RideSaboteur Card GameLove LetterCodenamesMemoir ’44A Christmas Carol
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.