Durenda Wilson is a seasoned homeschooler with eight children who currently range from young adults down to an 11 year old. She is the author of a new book, The Unhurried Homeschooler, a short little gem all about slowing down and letting go of the burdensome expectations and pressures we often saddle ourselves with as parents.
Her message is a much-needed tonic for the burnout and harried pace we sometimes fall into as busy homeschoolers. Durenda joins us on this episode of the podcast to share a little bit about her own story and to tell how and why the “unhurried” philosophy became so important to her. Enjoy!
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources from today’s show:
- The Unhurried Homeschooler by Durenda Wilson
- Simple Nourishing Home
- The Busy Mom
- Hip Homeschool Moms
- Better Late than Early by Raymond and Dorothy Moore
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Durenda or me. We would both love to hear from you!