Homeschool Writing Curricula Comparison
Writing instruction is one area where homeschool curriculum companies excel. There are so many good choices on the homeschool market — in fact a number are excellent.
While that’s a good thing, it can also make it tough to decide exactly which curriculum you should choose. In this video, I walk you through some of my favorites and tell you what I think is great about each of them.
*This was recorded live on Facebook. For a peek at the comments you can also watch it here. ** Want to skip the chit-chat? Forward to about 3:11 for the meat of the conversation (go ahead — I don’t mind).
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
- Your Morning Basket Podcast
- IEW’s Teaching Writing Structure and Style
- Classical Academic Press’ Writing and Rhetoric Series
- IEW’s All Things Fun and Fascinating
- Andrew Peduwa’s Webinars
- How to Teach Writing Without a Curriculum by Mystie Winckler
- CM-ing the Progym: Classical Writing in CM Style Blog Series by Brandy Vencel
- The Writer’s Jungle
- Julie Bogart”s Brave Writer Website
- Natural Stages of Growth in Writing by Julie Bogart
- HSP 23 Susan Wise Bauer: It’s Mostly About Parenting
- The Complete Writer
- YMB #10 All About Narration: A Conversation with Sonya Shafer
- Michael Clay Thompson Grammar Program
IEW Writing CoursesClassical Academic Press’ Writing and Rhetoric SeriesIEW’s All Things Fun and FascinatingThe Writer’s JungleMichael Clay Thompson Grammar ProgramThe Complete Writer, Writing With Ease: Strong Fundamentals: A Guide to Designing Your Own Elementary Writing Curriculum (The Complete Writer)
Join the Facebook Community
We publish a new Homeschool Solutions TV video every week. For those, plus your daily funny, the most helpful homeschooling links, things that make you go “hmmm,” and community with a bit of sass, follow the Homeschool Solutions with Pam Barnhill Facebook page.