We are wrapping up this season of the podcast with an interview from a real homeschool legend: Jane Lambert. Jane is a veteran homeschool mom who is now cheering on her daughters as they in turn homeschool her grandchildren.
Jane shares how she used excellent books and simple materials to open up the world to her children. She also tells the story of the birth of her much-loved literature-based curriculum, Five in a Row.
After more than 30 years in the homeschooling world, Jane is able to speak with warmth and wisdom about the big picture of home education. Enjoy!
Listen to the podcast
[feature_box style=”19″ title=”Sponsored%20by%20Logos%20Science%20Lab%20Kits” alignment=”center”]
Logos Science provides serious science lab kits with a strong Christian emphasis. Written from a Creation viewpoint, each of their lab experiments includes a devotional related to the subject of the experiment.
Logos Science helps homeschool moms overcome the difficulty and cost associated with setting up a working laboratory and the ease of use leads to more hands on lab.
The labs are also correlated with all major homeschool science texts. Check out Logos Science Lab Kits today.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Five in a Row
- Grandpa Green by Lane Smith
- The Tree Lady by H. Joseph Hopkins
- Bravest of Us All by Marsha Diane Arnold
- Hannah Mae O’Hannigan’s Wild West Show by Lisa Campbell Ernst
- Paper Lanterns by Stefan Czernecki
Five in a Row (Five in a Row): Volume 1Five in a Row (Five in a Row): Volume 3Five in a Row, Vol. 2Grandpa GreenThe Tree Lady: The True Story of How One Tree-Loving Woman Changed a City ForeverThe Bravest of Us AllHannah Mae O’Hannigan’s Wild West ShowPaper Lanterns
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Jane or me. We would both love to hear from you!