Celeste Cruz is a homeschooling mother of eight who started to implement Morning Time in her home with a stack of picture books at the breakfast table back when her oldest two children were just 5 years old.
Now with several years of Morning Time under her belt, Celeste is practiced in art of juggling fussy babies, noisy toddlers, and preschoolers with fluctuating attention spans. She joins us on this episode of the podcast to discuss what Morning Time looks like when all the children in the family are preschool age and younger.
Celeste shares some great tips for how to create a Morning Time routine packed with thoughtful, high-quality elements while remaining flexible and accommodating of the littlest learners. She encourages us to find natural lulls in our daily routine during which we can nourish both our children and ourselves with beautiful poems, stories, and music.
Celeste’s wisdom is inspiring but at the same time highly practical, making this an interview not to be missed. Enjoy!
Listen to the podcast
The Basket Bonus for today’s show is an early years printable library list of great book suggestions from Celeste and Pam. Enter your email to get access to the Basket Bonus library with this and other great Your Morning Basket printables.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Joyous Lessons
- Jennifer Mackintosh’s Morning Basket posts
- New Catholic Picture Bible by Fr. Lawrence Lovasik
- Neumann Press
- Catholic Treasure Box series
- Beatrix Potter: The Complete Tales
- The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne
- My Naughty Little Sister by Dorothy Edwards
- My Father’s Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett
- Favorite Poems Old and New by Helen Ferris
- The Barefoot Book of Classic Poems by Jackie Morris
- The Golden Treasury of Poetry by Louis Untermeyer
New Catholic Picture BibleCatholic Children’s Treasure Box Set 1-20Beatrix Potter: The Complete TalesThe Complete Tales of Winnie-the-PoohMy Naughty Little SisterMy Father’s DragonFavorite Poems Old and New: Selected For Boys and GirlsThe Barefoot Book of Classic PoemsThe Golden Treasury of Poetry
Leave a Rating or Review
Thank you for your interest in leaving a rating or review for Your Morning Basket on iTunes. Here’s how you do it:
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Ways to Listen to Your Morning Basket
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.