Allison Burr is learning to take things slow. The child of a public school superintendent, once she got the bug to homeschool there was no stopping her — just ask her husband!
And while she started her homeschool journey intent to finish each year as quickly as possible, Allison is learning to see the beauty in restful learning. Slow down with us today on the podcast.
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Mountain Born
- Earlier This Year My Heart Found Its Home
- Three Ways to Transform Rhythms and Routines in a Newly Classical Homeschool
- Teaching From Rest: A Homeschooler’s Guide to Unshakable Peace
- The Red Fairy Book
- The Blue Fairy Book
- Beautiful Stories From Shakespeare
- How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare
- Scholé: Restful Learning – Lecture by Dr. Christopher Perrin
- Blueberry Scone Recipe – The one Allison uses for her easy fairy tale tea parties
- Easy Tips for Poetry Tea Parties
- Read Aloud Revival – Allison’s project manager gig
- Allison on Instagram
- Allison’s blog TruthBeautyGoodness.net
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor
Today’s podcast is sponsored by Classical Academic Press creator of our favorite Latin programs. The boys use Song School Latin, which is fun, gentle introduction to Latin vocabulary using words relevant to a kid’s life.
My 9yo daughter Olivia and I have just started using Latin For Children Level A. While the DVD teacher is my favorite part of the program, I think Olivia’s favorite part would definitely be Headventureland.com with its creative online games and videos.
Be sure to check out their classical subjects creatively taught from Latin to logic and Greek to writing and don’t forget to use the coupon code EDSNAPS20 for 20% off.
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Allison or me. We would both love to hear from you!
Latest posts by Pam Barnhill
- Homeschool Room Tour: A Peek Inside Our New Room - September 4, 2019
- Take a Peek Inside My Homeschool Binder - August 28, 2019
- Our Plans and Picks for 2019 | Homeschool Morning Time - August 23, 2019