Today I get to talk with a dear friend of mine. Long before Sarah Mackenzie was author-extraordinaire and fabulous podcast host of The Read Aloud Revival, she was my buddy Sarah.
It has been so much fun watching her grow and share her skills over the past year. And yes, it was her
nagging encouragement that made my own podcast a reality. Actually, her delight for the medium is just so infectious it is hard not to catch the podcasting bug.
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources from today’s show:
- My Book House Series, Volumes 1-12 – These are only available used and prices can vary widely. Keep your eyes peeled for a good deal (I got my set for $39) and check eBay as well.
- Prismacolor Scholar Colored Pencils, 24 Pre-Sharpened Colored Pencils
- Strathmore Series 400 Sketch Pads 9 in. x 12 in. – pad of 100
- For the Children’s Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and School – Sarah’s favorite homeschooling book.
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- Little House In The Big Woods
- “Nurturing Competent Communicators” – Andrew Pudewa’s free talk that inspired Sarah to start the Read Aloud Revival.
- Read Aloud Revival Podcast
- Amongst Lovely Things – Sarah’s blog.
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Once the feed is uploaded you will be able to subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Sarah or me. We would both love to hear from you!
This post is part of the iHomeschool Network’s Homeschool Hopscotch. Check out the other helpful and inspirational homeschool posts here!
Latest posts by Pam Barnhill
- Are we measuring homeschool planning success wrong? - July 11, 2019
- Getting Your Day Off to a Better Start - July 10, 2019
- Why You Need to Stop Buying Homeschool Planners - July 4, 2019