HSP 042 Cindy West: Training the Brain
Welcome back to a new season of the Homeschool Snapshots Podcast! We are kicking off with an interview with Cindy West from Our Journey Westward and Shining Dawn Books.
While Cindy is known for homeschool nature study, she is also passionately interested in using a process called Brain Training in her homeschool with some of her wiggly boys. She heard about the techniques years ago and has studied them and how she can implement them into her homeschool
On this episode of the podcast she shares more about her homeschool, how she got interested in brain training, and some of the techniques she uses with her kids.
Links and resources from today’s show:
For the Children’s Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and SchoolBetter Late Than Early: A New Approach to Your Child’s EducationSpot ItQwirkle Board GameThe Green Ember (The Green Ember Series: Book 1)Ember Falls (The Green Ember Series: Book 2)
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Ways to Listen to the Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.