Welcome to the very first episode of Your Morning Basket: Truth, Goodness, and Beauty for Your Homeschool Day!
Have you heard about the practice of Homeschool Morning Time but just had a problem wrapping your brain around what the practice is? Do you DO Morning Time but wonder where the idea got started? Or are you a person like I am who could just listen to Cindy Rollins share her wisdom all day long?
If you are any of those people then you are going to love the first episode of Your Morning Basket. Cindy and I chat about how she started the practice of Morning Time in her home twenty-seven years ago, what the practice looked like on a day-to-day basis, and how it bore fruit in her children. I hope you enjoy!
Listen to the podcast
Today’s Basket Bonus is a set of study questions for Susan Schaeffer Macauley’s book For the Children’s Sake. Cindy said this book was pivotal in forming her educational philosophy which birthed the practice of Morning Time.
You can use the questions to do a self-study of the book or with a book club or group of fellow homeschool moms. Enter your information to gain access to the Basket Bonus library.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- For the Children’s Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macauley
- Ambleside Online
- Charlotte Mason’s 20 Principles
- The Long Haul: On Morning Time
- 31 Days to Morning Time
Leave a Rating or Review
Thank you for your interest in leaving a rating or review for Your Morning Basket on iTunes. Here’s how you do it:
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Reviewunder the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Ways to Listen to Your Morning Basket
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
Latest posts by Pam Barnhill
- Homeschool Curriculum | Our Picks for 2019-2020 - August 14, 2019
- Ten Steps to the Perfect Homeschool Plan - July 31, 2019
- How to be sure your homeschool plan continues to work all year - July 25, 2019