Jimmie Lanley has homeschooled her rising junior from the very beginning, and she doesn’t regret homeschooling her only child for a single second. She has some great advice today for moms who are homeschooling or thinking about homeschooling an only child.
As an added bonus Jimmie is also homeschooling high school with confidence and has a few things to share about that as well. Sit back and enjoy Jimmie’s passion for learning right alongside her daughter.
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv
- Ulitmate Guide to Homeschooling Teens by Debra Bell
- Teaching Textbooks
- Jimmie’s Collage
- Homeschool An Only Child
- Notebooking Fairy
Sponsored By Simplified Organization
Head on over to simplifiedorganization.com/snapshots to download your free Brain Dump. As we head back to school every mom needs a chance to clear all the clutter from her head. Mystie’s Brain Dump will do just that.
This series of helpful prompts and instructions walk you through clearing your mind — the first step to true organization.
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Jimmie or me. We would both love to hear from you!