Kara joins us on this episode of the podcast to share about her homeschooling journey with her two children. Her personal story of unexpectedly jumping into homeschooling with an active little boy who was more interested in exploring his world than in “sitting on the line” is one that resonates with many.
She has wisdom to share about sifting through philosophies, drawing from different methods, and ultimately making individual choices about what works best for your family. Make yourself comfortable and enjoy listening to this inspiring interview!
Listen to the podcast
If you’re like me and have all.the.stuff on your mind, use Mystie’s Free Brain Dump Guide to get everything out of your head and onto paper today.
Doing a brain dump is the first step to creating a plan that you can work to get organized. There is no better time than the present so download your free Brain Dump guide today.
And don’t forget that you can use the code snapshots to get 20% off anything in the Simplified Organization store.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Kara’s blog
- Simple Homeschool
- You Are Your Child’s First Teacher by Rahima Baldwin Dancy
- Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne
- Mitten Strings for God by Katrina Kenison
- D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths by Ingri and Edgar D’Aulaire
- Bedtime Math
- Life of Fred Mathematics
- One Minute Mysteries: Short Mysteries You Solve with Science by Eric and Natalie Yoder
- Draw Europe by Kristin J. Draeger
- Project-Based Homeschooling by Lori Pickert
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Kara or me. We would both love to hear from you!