Heidi Scovel is a classical homeschooler and book lover who blogs at Mt. Hope Chronicles. She joins us on this episode of the podcast to give us a peek into what school likes like at her house with four extroverted, book-loving kids and a relaxed classical approach to learning.
Heidi tells how she spreads a feast for her children by keeping copious numbers of rich books around the house, and she even shares some secrets for how she carves out time for her own reading. Enjoy!
Listen to the podcast
Sponsored by Plan Your Year
Plan Your Year is the homeschool planner that shows you how. Create a plan unique to your unique family with the 79-page planning guide plus over 40 printable forms.
Try it out by downloading your FREE planning mini kit with every form you need to create a yearly plan.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Mt. Hope Chronicles
- Heidi’s 31 Days of Book Detectives series
- Heidi’s workshop turned office/learning space
- Heidi’s 2016 booklist
- The Well-Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer
- Teaching from Rest by Sarah Mackenzie
- The Core by Leigh Bortins
- The Question by Leigh Bortins
- The Conversation by Leigh Bortins
- Circe Institute
- Classical Academic Press
- Khan Academy
- Life of Fred by Stanley Schmidt
- Beast Academy
- Deconstructing Penguins by Lawrence and Nancy Goldstone
- Teaching the Classics by Adam Andrews
- Classical Conversations
- Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home (Fourth Edition)Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler’s Guide to Unshakable PeaceThe Core: Teaching Your Child the Foundations of Classical EducationLife of Fred Elementary Series Complete 10 Book Set (Life of Fred)Deconstructing Penguins: Parents, Kids, and the Bond of ReadingFar from the Madding Crowd (Penguin Classics)
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Heidi or me. We would both love to hear from you!