Dawn Garrett is a homeschooling mother of three and a long-time blogger at Ladydusk, where she is celebrating her 15th anniversary of blogging.
Over the years at her blog, she has chronicled precious family memories, significant learning milestones, her own reflections, hopes, and plans, and much more.
Dawn joins us on this episode of the podcast to discuss how being part of the online blogging community has not only helped her to share about sweet moments with her children, but has also helped her think through difficult times, when homeschooling felt anything but restful.
Dawn’s story of rekindling her peace and joy through a major shift in her homeschooling philosophy is both encouraging and inspiring. Enjoy!
Listen to the podcast
Sponsored by Plan Your Year
Plan Your Year is the homeschool planner that shows you how. Create a plan unique to your unique family with the 79-page planning guide plus over 40 printable forms.
Try it out by downloading your FREE planning mini kit with every form you need to create a yearly plan.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Dawn’s blog Ladydusk
- Dawn’s free ebook I Am, I Can, I Ought, I Will: Charlotte Mason’s Motto Explained for Upper Elementary Students
- Dawn’s series about her shift to Charlotte Mason style homeschooling
- The Well-Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer
- For the Children’s Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Dawn or me. We would both love to hear from you!